DIY: macaroni box bathroom mirror organizer


So maybe I should just call this website 'Fun with boxes!' or 'Another box project?'  Seriously.  But I just can't get enough.  They're so quick and easy and kid friendly.  Also a) I always feel accomplished after a project like this and b) it's about as close to instant gratification as one can get.



I bet you'll never guess what I used to make this.  Wait for it.  Wait... Yes!  Another macaroni box.  This time, however, I added two little boxes you will probably recognize but not really remember where they came from.  See if you can guess.


Remember these guys?  They are the little crayon boxes at the bottom of the big crayon box that keep everything looking orderly!  I covered them in wrapping paper and clear tape to help keep moisture out.


Next, I cut my single macaroni box into two equal parts measuring three inches high.  Then I taped them together, wrapped them, then taped over them again.  (It looks better if you don't tape over them, but because I was using clear tape, I don't mind the look AND it will make it easier to wipe down, I went ahead and did it.)



Next I added the little side boxes.  They're great for holding a few regular q-tips, cotton pads, or clippers.


Since I'll be putting some tall items in here like scissors, nail files, etc., I wanted to create some dividers.  I taped little pieces of macaroni box along one side, then the other.



Done and done!

Now I just filled it one row at a time.  *** You could easily tuck in the dividers so they look nicer, but I was dealing with a grumpy two year old and just wanted it done, already.  I may go back and change it later.


And voila!


Gosh, that's so much more organized!  Now I need to create something for my 
skin care products.  Hmmm....toilet paper tubes, perhaps?


UPDATE:  March 31st, 2013
We are still using this organizer, it's still in perfect condition, and it has really been a life saver.  Even my two year old likes it.  She practices putting the fingernail clippers on the front of the box just for funsies.  Boxes are fun!