DIY: clutch


I've been wanting to make a clutch for what seems like forever.  I have a beautiful leather skirt from the thrift store I plan to turn into a few clutches for the holidays, but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before attempting to sew the real thing.  So, I practiced on some really fun scraps!

This amazing tutorial comes from MyEvaForeva.  If you haven't checked out her DIY's, do it.  She's got some beautiful pieces.




I like to hang on to old clothes that have interesting textures or prints.  I've had these babies sitting around begging to be used for a project!  The silver piece is pleather I ripped from the front of a shirt (pleather shirt? you ask.  That's why I upcycled it.) and the floral jersey used to be part of a skirt that was too big for me.



MyEvaForeva has very nicely detailed instructions, so I followed them to a T until I got to the end.  I wanted to add my own little 'something' so I got creative with a zipper.  I don't know how I did it, really.  I was just jamming.  But I love how it turned out!




Thank you, MyEvaForeva for posting such a great tutorial!  It was quick and fun!